Good Evening everyone..
Well today was my first day doing my field experience hours at a Catholic School. The grade I got was second, and let me tell you that my assigned teacher is a saint, literally. Those kids are a tough bunch and even though it was a pretty rough day there was one child that made it completely worth it. I won't give out real names so let's say his name is Smith, Smith is an autistic 7 year old boy. This young man is probably the most artistic and smartest boy I have ever seen, and the way the other students were with him just amazed me. Everyone wanted to help Smith out whether it be putting his books away in his cubby or being his lunch buddy to help him get his meal. They were a tough bunch and don't like to listen but they make this little boy feel welcomed everyday, and that is why I enjoyed my field experience today. When it was time to leave this sweet little boy looked to me and the 2nd grade teacher and told us and I quote, "Ms. Farah you as well as Mrs.C, hold the key to my heart, because I have a very big heart." I look forward to going back next week and working with this bunch again, as well as donating money to their cause, which is the Autism walk at the end of the month. So I ask you readers How would you react your first day on the job with 33 students one of them being autistic? Please feel free to comment and give your opinions on the topic.
Thank you & have a wonderful evening;
Ms. Farah
No comments:
Post a Comment